This isn’t the first time I’ve sung the praises of Longwood Gardens. It truly is one of our favorite places to go, of course it’s helpful that it’s right around the corner.
Here, in no particular order are our top five reason for loving Longwood Gardens.
1) It gets us out in the fresh air. The kids love to run around outside but often get bored if they’re in the backyard. Longwood offers them a place to play that is much cooler than our backyard. If you’ve seen our backyard you’ll know that’s saying a lot.
2) There is plenty for the kids to see and do so they NEVER get bored. Between the Children’s garden, the tree houses and all the other interesting things going on we can see something a little different every time we visit. Whenever I ask the boys if they want to go to Longwood they ALWAYS say yes!
3) It’s three minutes from the house. Something close to home AND fun, talk about a win win for someone with active little boys. There is very little planning that needs to go into a trip to the gardens for us.
4) Everyone is so friendly! You know when you go places and there are people working that must hate life because they’re so miserable? I have NEVER found anyone at Longwood Gardens like that. Every single employee is friendly and more than willing to talk to you about whatever it is you happen to be looking at. They’re also extremely knowledgeable and full of fun facts. The best part…They’re great with kids.
Even the cat is friendly at Longwood Gardens!
5) No matter what time of year it is there is always something to see. I overheard an employee telling another employee that they have two seasons at Longwood Gardens, fireworks and Christmas lights. I thought that was a great way to put it. All summer long there are fireworks and fountain shows. This summer we were lucky enough to have a magnificent light display by British artist Bruce Munro. Nothing short of amazing. The wintertime is great to visit the awesome train display and of course the lights.
We love Longwood Gardens and have been members there for a past few years. If you’re local, buy a membership and go often, you won’t be sorry you did.
Not local? Do you have any fun places like Longwood Gardens near you?